A Lawton Trademark Since 1957
Built in 1957, Aggie Gym is home to the Cameron basketball and volleyball teams. The playing surface was completely refurbished in the summer of 2004 to incorporate Cameron's official logos while enhancing the quality of the surface for competition. Again additional renovations were done in 2008 the gym floor was completely replaced and heat/AC were added. A new lighting system was also installed.
The most recent renovations came in the summer of 2016, when the Aggie Gym got all new seating, a new sound system & speakers, and handrails and widened paths going up the stairs. The best part about the new seating is that on each side there are gold chairs placed throughout that spell out CU! These renovations were made possible by a generous donation by the McMahon Foundation.
The facility is one of the oldest buildings on the Cameron campus and seats a capacity crowd of nearly 1,500 and provides a loud atmosphere for fans and visiting teams to Aggie Gym.
In addition to the arena, the facility also houses a complete athletic training room, a media room, a hospitality room, coaches offices, and four locker room areas.
Aggie Gym is located on the northern edge of campus across from the University's administration building.